The lemon: The magical home cleaner
Lemon is a natural cleaning agent that can be useful in taking care of the hygiene of the home. Lemon juice is rich in natural acids that can dissolve grease and remove impurities.
Some of the cleansing properties of lemon juice include:
• Antimicrobial properties: Lemon is rich in vitamin C, which is a powerful antioxidant and has antimicrobial properties. This means that lemon juice can be used to kill bacteria and other germs.
• Dissolving grease: Lemon juice can dissolve grease and has a cleaning effect on surfaces covered with grease, such as kitchen counters and the oven.
• Odors: Lemon has a fresh, pleasant aroma that can be used to remove unpleasant odors in the home, such as from kitchen drains and dusty rooms.
Here's how to use lemon to clean your home:
1. Dealing with rust
Lemon can be effective in removing rust stains in your home. It usually forms on metal surfaces.
Here's how you can use lemon to remove rust stains:
• Squeeze lemon juice into a small bowl.
• Soak a cotton swab or cloth.
• Apply to the rust spot and leave on for about 30 minutes.
• Scrub for 1-2 minutes with a brush.
• Rinse thoroughly with water.
• If the stain does not disappear completely, repeat the procedure.
2. Window cleaning
Lemon can help clean windows because its juice contains acids that dissolve grease and remove dirt. Here's how you can use lemon to clean your windows:
• Squeeze juice from one or two lemons.
• Place the juice in a glass of warm water and mix well.
• Soak a cloth or sponge in the solution.
• Wipe the window with the cloth or sponge.
• Rinse the window thoroughly with clean water.
• Dry with a dry and clean cloth.
3. Cleaning wooden furniture
Lemon can be useful in cleaning wooden furniture because the acids in it are able to remove dirt without damaging the surface of the furniture.
Use exactly the same method as when cleaning windows.
4. Cleaning the bathroom
Here are some ideas on how to use lemon to clean the bathroom:
• To clean faucets and other metal surfaces, mix baking powder with a little lemon juice to create a paste. Rub the paste onto the metal surface and use a cloth or sponge to wipe off the dirt. Rinse well and dry.
• To clean tiles, mix 1/4 cup lemon juice with a cup of warm water. Rub the solution onto the tiles and use a cloth or sponge to wipe away the mess. Rinse well and dry.
• To clean a toilet, squeeze the juice of one lemon into the toilet bowl and let it work for 30 minutes. Then use a toilet brush to remove the dirt. Rinse well with water.
• To clean showers and bathtubs, rub a solution of half a lemon and baking soda on the dirty surface. Leave on for a few minutes, then rinse well and dry.