Caramelised bananas flambe
- 1-2 bananas
- 50 g butter
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1-2 pinches cinnamon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 60 ml rum
- 2 tbsp banana liqueur (you can add another liqueur or not add any at all if there isn’t any available)
1. Put the butter, cinnamon and sugar in a medium pan and heat until the sugar starts to bubble up and caramelise.
2. Peel the bananas and cut them into half circles. Pour into the buttery mixture, add the lemon juice and start pouring the sauce over the bananas stirring gently so that the pieces are covered well with the caramel.
3. In the meantime, pour the rum and liqueur in a metal cup or a bowl with handles and heat but do not allow to boil.
4. Be mentally prepared to pour the alcohol in the pan with the bananas. There will be a flame! Remove from the hob and hold carefully until the fire subsides. Turn the heat off and continue pouring the sauce over the bananas. Serve in dessert bowls or plates.